AUSCompliance Training now offers the Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting (HLTAID004) course.
This course is specifically designed for educators and support staff in schools, kindergartens and childcare centres.
This unit of competency will contribute towards approved first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training, under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulation (2011).
This unit of competency is approved by ACECQA, and meets the requirements of “First Aid, Asthma & Anaphylaxis”.
There is no need to complete separate Asthma or Anaphylaxis training if this course is completed.
- Principles of First Aid & Legalities
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- AED (Automated External Defibrillator) Use
- Recovery Position
- Cardiac Arrest
- Allergic Reactions & Poisoning
- Fractures, Sprains and Strains
- Soft Tissue Injuries, Bleeding & Burns
- Choking and Airway Obstruction
- Treating Shock
- Envenomation (Using Pressure Immobilisation)
- Medical Illnesses: Asthma, Anaphylaxis, Stroke, Diabetes etc
1 Day (7 Hours) if the online component or a theory workbook is completed prior to the training course.
1 or 2 Days (10 Hours) if online/workbook component is completed during the training course.
Written/Online & Practical Assessment
Location & Times:
To be delivered at your site for groups of 8 or more.
Courses can be provided in normal business hours, after-hours or on weekends.
AUSCompliance is an authorised trainer for Allens Training Pty Ltd Registered Training Organisation (No. 90909)